Survivors Time to Change Champions
Thanks to North Yorkshire County Council (Public Health), Scarborough Survivors is able to distribute small grants (up to £500) to help people across North Yorkshire with experience of mental illness to hold conversations about mental health. The project is based on national Time to Change (www.time-to-change.org.uk), which promotes social contact as a way to tackle the stigma associated with mental health issues.
It is easy to apply and we aim to respond with the outcome within 6 weeks of receiving an application. Applications are assessed by a panel of experts by experience (of mental illness) using a scoring system. Successful applicants will be asked to complete a feedback form after the event so that we can monitor the number of conversations that take place (our aim is to reach over 2000 across the county).
To be eligible to make an application to our Champions fund:
- the applicant must be aged 18 or over and have experience of mental illness
- the applicant must give their time free to share their their experiences with others
- any activity for which funds are requested must take place in North Yorkshire*
- successful applicants must be willing to complete a feedback form after their activity has taken place
- the applicant must be willing to sign up as a Champion at https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/champions
*Please note: the fundable area for this project does not include the city of York.
You can apply here by clicking on the links below to the application pack:
Guidance notes for completing an application:
Mock completed application:
For further information please contact Scarborough Survivors on 01723 500222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or visit our dedicated Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Survivors-Time-to-Change-138617846746383/